Thursday, February 01, 2007

Some of Lincoln's shining stars

Last night I had the pleasure of going to a reception for the Lincoln Volunteer Center. The evening honored six Lincoln citizens who were recognized for their service to the community. The recipients were Katie Brown, Jeff Greenberg, Sharon Kurth, Judie Leimer, Roger Ueltzen and Sabrina Vigil. I feel very blessed that we've moved to a town like Lincoln that encourages community involvement and helping those less fortunate. I have to admit that I had been invited to the reception on a very personal level-my daughter, Katie, was one of the recipients. It was really wonderful to see two young people, Katie and Sabrina, giving back to their community. What a marvelous world this will be if we can get our youth to recognize the value of giving to others. CONGRATS to these six volunteers (and, Kate, I'm really proud of you...as always!)

No comments:

Search This Blog

Labels