Tuesday, April 15, 2008

One of my FAVORITE finds!!!!


Around Thanksgiving last year I was driving back to Lincoln, up Hwy. 65 one day. I was stuck at a red light at First and 65 (G St) when I looked off to my left and saw a new business I hadn't seen before. The Book Cellar is next to Curves (just on the other side of the parking lot from Zebra Town Deli). The window display of the bookstore intrigued me, so I made a mental note that I need to go back and investigate further. What I stumbled upon is one of the (in my opinion) new gems of Lincoln. I LOVE THIS BOOKSTORE!!!!! I love bookstores, but used bookstores just never struck me as fun or exciting. They usually are dark, smelly, uninviting and any other adjective you can think of that would just make it a place you didn't want to spend any time-but that's just me. This used bookstore is the complete opposite of everything I've ever thought a used bookstore to be. It's well organized, the decor is more than four walls with rows of bookshelves, and talk about inviting!! Debbie, the owner, will offer her guests hot tea with an assortment of cookies. As you can tell by the photos, there is a place to sit in just about every corner of this place! She WANTS you to come and spend time there!!! In fact, there's even a little corner for the kids! Between my daughters and myself one of us is always in this place :) Something that has impressed me about Debbie, is that she has learned to know what sort of books my daughters like, which to me is quite impressive in this day and age. She also will go out of her way to get a book if she doesn't have it in her selection of thousands. Nearly every book we have purchased has been in new (or very close to new) condition. With paying about half of what the original price would be, who needs the big chain bookstores; why wait for a week or more to get something online? The decor is fun because it's so eclectic. Go visit and see what I mean!
(click on the photos for larger views)


When I was visiting Debbie a few weeks ago when Ali was home, I told her how much I enjoy her store and how I would love to see it succeed. I thought doing some photos of the store and posting some on my blog would help to get her some new business. So all you followers of mine, take me up on my suggestion and visit this quaint little business. I promise you, you won't be disappointed!! Plus, in this economy who can pay full price for a book?! AND if you're into recycling, as we all should be, why buy a new book! Go spend a little time in a comfy easy chair or settee, with a cup of hot tea, some cookies and a great book. Copy the coupon at the bottom of this post and get an extra 10% off. DON'T FORGET TO TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT ONE OF MY NEW FAVORITE PLACES HERE IN LINCOLN!!!!


No comments:

Search This Blog

Labels