Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cassie Hepburn

The time has come for me to photograph the last of my three "babies" for her senior photos. Cassie is still a junior, but she'll be my "ambassador" at the high school, so I thought I'd get a jump start on her senior photos so she could bring in some business for her mom. In this case, because the model lives with the photographer, we're actually doing the sessions over several days; actually if this weather doesn't clear up, we'll be doing the sessions over the next several weeks.

In any case, I wanted to share something that we did today that was fun. Cassie wanted a little more than the "traditional" photos. She loves the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's, so we thought it would be fun to do a 21st century version of Audrey Hepburn's famous photo...here's the result :)Cassie wants nothing to do with cigarettes, so there was no way she was going to use the same prop that Ms. Hepburn was holding in the original photo. We thought about using something that was appropriate for the times (her cell phone, MP3 player, etc), but instead, she decided she wanted to have a Shirley Temple drink in her hand. When we went looking for just the right glass I came across my treasured champagne glass that is kept in a special case. This glass is kept like this because it was hand blown by my great grandfather in 1945 and is only one of about six left (thanks to the bay area earthquake of 1989). This hallowed stem, hand blown glass is definitely a treasure to me. In fact, there were a few other special items in the photos. The small silver cup is Cass' baby cup, the pearls were a gift from Louie about ten years ago, and the floral bowl belonged to my grandmother.

We have some other fun things planned for Cass' photos, so I'll share them all with you when we finish the sessions.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Labels