Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Sweet 16


This is one of my all time favorite photos of my three girls. I think it's so special because this is how their relationship started the first time they "met" and this continues to be the way their relationship ~I love the fact they're best friends.

Sweet 16...Sweet is definitely the way I would describe our youngest daughter, Cassie, who is 16 today. Being the youngest of three girls has proved to be a challenge for her at times--her big sisters sometimes like to think they are her other mothers :), but I think she likes her "role" in our family. Since Cassie is our "baby" I didn't think she'd ever learn what it was like to have younger siblings. Well, it may not be a conventional sibling relationship, but Cassie has become the big sister to Mackenzie and Carson-our friends who live across the street. Carson was an infant, and Mackenzie was two when we all moved into the neighborhood. During the last six years, Cassie has learned the patience that it takes to be an older sister, but also how much fun it can be. When I see Cassie interacting with the kids I just can't believe how proud I am of her and how much love she has for them. It makes their mom, Misty, and I laugh when Carson won't listen to anyone else, but the minute Cassie "disciplines" him, he does an about face! I feel so blessed that the two families are so close and that they have "adopted" Cassie as another one of their children. Having them in our lives has taught Cassie so much--it is true when they say it takes a village to raise a child. Our three daughters would not be the young ladies they are today without all the people who have been in their lives.

Cass, you are an amazing young woman who continues to inspire people. Everyone you meet is impressed by your determination and your dedication to working with kids. Dad and I are so proud of you, although I must admit that I do sometimes miss the little girl whose glasses always used to slip down her nose! With your butterfly wings, you're going to soar to the ends of the earth. I am so proud to be your mom! We love you lots!!!

Here's a slideshow for you to either meet Cassie, or to remind you of the last sixteen years. If you knew Cassie when she was little, you'd know she rarely spoke to anyone-she was VERY quiet and shy. However, she always seems to light up in front of the camera, even when she was shy. Now, she's outgoing and loves to ham it up for the camera--or anyone who is paying attention. Click on this link for the slideshow.
  • Sweet 16
  • No comments:

    Search This Blog

    Labels