Wednesday, July 18, 2007

ah...simplicity


Have you ever had one of those days where you're just happy to be alive and so grateful for the people you care about that you can't believe how lucky you are? Today was one of those days for me.
Since it was Cassie's birthday I wanted to make sure we did something fun. When I was doing some engagement portraits the other day I noticed how many berries were growing at that location, so I thought about how much fun it would be to gather the kids for an afternoon of berry picking. Along with Ali, Katie and Cassie, we packed up our friends (my "adopted" niece and nephew) Mackenzie and Carson and headed out to Folsom.





What a fabulous day! I was a little worried when woke up to...RAIN--in July??? Yup, it was a little soggy this morning. However, the afternoon could not have been more perfect. We played by the water, picked some berries, did some hiking and really had a blast! As I was teaching the kids how to skip stones, and taking their photos I realized that times like this is what life is really all about. One of the things that I've always loved, and appreciated, about my girls is that they truly enjoy the simple things-the times when we just hang out together and make memories.
Whether we're sitting around the firepit at night, having friends over for dinnner, or finding a great song on the radio to sing along to, we love spending time together. Here are a few photos from today. Ali will be making our home made berry pie with the several pounds of berries we picked today. I think we're headed back there in a couple weeks to pick more berries and to have a picnic lunch. When life gets crazy I'm going to try to take myself back to this day and maybe it will help me decompress a bit :)



No comments:

Search This Blog

Labels