Sunday, September 23, 2007

A lesson in lemonade making

<


Yesterday was Saturday, September 22...typically a sunny day every year. However, this 9/22 decided to be a little different. It rained nearly all day! I had really been looking forward to the event I was to photograph because of all the fun that was planned. There was to be swimming, volleyball and anything else that sun worshipers would love-but it wasn't to be. Oh well, when life gives you lemons-well, you know the old addage... So everyone (including me) had a great time just enjoying the celebration and being together. Neil and Dorothy celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with most of their family gathered around. The festivities took place at their daughter and son-in-law's home. Sally and Gary have one of the most extraordinary homes I have ever seen. Sally was telling me that Gary designed the home and the landscaping. As she showed me around the property there were koi ponds, lush and gorgeous lawns and a tropical paradise! It was truly a photographer's dream.


I told her if I lived there I would never need to go on vacation. There were five generations in attendance and just about every person who was there was related to Neil and Dorothy (or married to someone who was). Take a look at the size of this family!! And, from what I hear, there were actually come relatives missing...my GOODNESS! Neil and Dorothy have truly left a legacy. Just imagine all these people who are making a difference in the world and it all began because of this couple being married 50 years ago-truly an amazing thought to contemplate.


I was so honored to share in the special time with the family and this wonderful couple. I had never met Neil and Dorothy until yesterday and they were so warm and wonderful I couldn't help but fall in love with them! Thank you for letting me share this momentous occasion with you and your family!

No comments:

Search This Blog

Labels