Sunday, November 04, 2007

November?


If I didn't know better, I would have thought this was September, or even April. The weather today for Katy and Joey's wedding was unbelievable! What a fun couple these two are. I was joking with them at the reception about how they fooled me the first time I met them. They were pretty quiet and reserved, so I was thinking that I had a somewhat shy couple on my hands. At their engagement session they were still fairly quiet and a little nervous. By the time we got done with their engagement photos they began to show me their true colors :) Today they were just hilarious!! They were so comedic at times and their sense of humors really came out.
I have had so many outdoor weddings this year that I've had a good time when I've been able to photograph a ceremony in a church. I love all the architecture and this church today was so spectacular! I was so excited, however, to be able to go back to my "home away from home", Lake Natoma Inn, for the reception (I'll be there twice next week as well...yippee!!) Katy and Joey have relatively small families, but I got a true sense for what family really means to the two of them. Joey's cousin was the best man and his toast told us what type of person Joey really is. Katy is very lucky to have such a wonderful guy. I know Joey is equally lucky, because being around Katy and her family I can see what a compassionate and gentle person she is. I wish the two of them all the best and KNOW they have a full lifetime of love ahead of them!!
I'm winding down for the wedding season and I have had a blast this year. What a treat it was for me to begin November with such an extraordinary couple. I was so honored that Katy and Joey asked me to be a part of their special day. It looks like '07 will be going out with a bang!! To see a glimpse of their wedding before their photos are posted on my site, please click on the link below.
  • Katy and Joey
  • No comments:

    Search This Blog

    Labels