Friday, May 16, 2008

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

The California Supreme Court ruling yesterday was a HUGE verdict in our history. You may agree with it and may not agree with it. HOWEVER, regardless of your beliefs, there are thousands of couples who will now be able to move on with their lives in the way they feel they have a right to.
I want to take a minute to share a story with you. Ten years ago I was contacted by a same sex couple about photographing their commitment ceremony. During the course of our business encounters, my family became friends with Kristin and Jean. Kristin had a daughter Elara and they have now welcomed to sons, Julian and Myles, into their family. My daughters have babysat Elara, Kristin and Jean opened their home to us for a few days when we in transition of moving up here, and we were fortunate enough to have them join us for Ali's college graduation party last year. A few years ago they thought they were going to be able to be married "for keeps" when they got married at the SF courthouse. Because of all the legal issues their second go around was annuled. A month or so ago we received an invitation in hopes that "The third time would be the charm". Kristin and Jean would like to make their marriage legal next month and have invited my family. These two women are two of the warmest, kindest people you ever want to meet. I am doing my best to be able to attend their wedding in the bay area (as long as I can fulfill some commitments I have up here).
I just wanted to send a big congratulations out there to all the couples who are in love who will not be able to make their marriage legal. NOTHING IS DEFINITE YET, BUT I AM WORKING ON A SPECIAL CONTEST FOR ONE LUCKY SAME SEX COUPLE. THE DETAILS WILL UNFOLD OVER THE SUMMER, BUT BE ON THE LOOKOUT. IF YOU KNOW A SAME SEX COUPLE WHO WILL BE "TYING THE KNOT", PLEASE CHECK BACK TO MY BLOG OFTEN FOR DETAILS OF THE FUTURE CONTEST.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Labels