Friday, May 23, 2008

A whirlwind meeting




About six weeks ago I met with Stacy's parents about photographing Stacy and Judd's wedding. Stacy and Judd both live in Nevada and her sweet parents are doing a lot of the leg work to help plan for the wedding. I was honored when they called me after all the photography consultations and said they'd like me to photograph the big event! Because Judd is a medical resident, meeting with the two of them has been difficult. As you can imagine his schedule is crazy and on top of all this the two of them just bought a house. I was so excited when we were finally able to set up a meeting for today. I suggested that after we had a chance to meet and chat for a while, we do their engagement session as well. I confess, it was a little unusual to meet with a couple for the first time and do their engagement session the same day:) However, I am so excited about this wedding in August! Stacy and Judd are SO MUCH FUN and I CAN'T WAIT TO SPEND THE DAY WITH THEM-and what better place to have a wedding than Lake Natoma Inn!! I was a little hesitant about doing the photos today, because Judd has been up since 5:00 am yesterday morning. Needless to say, he was a little tired and I'm sure having his photos was the last thing he probably wanted to do. However, he said this was Stacy's weekend to do "wedding stuff" and he was totally there for his bride. The three of us had such a great time just getting to know each other and I really enjoyed hearing about how they met, where Judd proposed and all about what they like to do. I guess it's a sign of the times, because just as Ann and Clark last week, Stacy and Judd met via the internet :)

Stacy and Judd, thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to drive all the way to California :) I had a blast with the two of you and can't wait for August 9th!!!!

1 comment:

AB said...

What, I only get 7 pictures?! I wanted a slideshow with a song! It's not like you have a wedding today or are remodeling for your fav red head or something, sheesh. Love pics- they look super sweet and I loved reading about how wonderful they seem.

Search This Blog

Labels