Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It all began with a wink

I can't believe it, but we got a break in the weather today. It's been raining for a week, and will be raining for another week, so I wanted to grab the opportunity to photograph Kathy and Dave while I had the chance.
Kathy and Dave contacted me last month and asked me to photograph their wedding. Unfortunatley I wasn't available. However, it looks like the gods were smiling on us, because we were able to work it out AND AM I EVER GLAD!!! They are so SWEET!!! Kathy and I have been getting to know quite a bit about each other. We live about five minutes from each other and have formed quite a bond. Kathy has told me on more than one occasion that she has waited for this prince charming her entire life. Kathy has never been married before and is as giddy as any bride I've ever met :) Dave is quiter and doesn't say much (hmmm, a lot like my husband too), but I can see how completely in love he is with his bride. As you can see from these photos, this couple loves to laugh!


After we did our session today we were chatting for a few minutes (I don't think any of us wanted to get out of the sunshine and fresh air). I knew the two of them had met on Match.com, but I wanted to know a little more about their courtship. I found out that they had both been dating online for a year or so, but that Kathy was the one who initially contacted Dave. Or as it goes on match.com she "winked" at him.
Immediately, a knew what song I wanted to use for their slideshow. You may be thinking to yourself, "Debbie doesn't usually do engagement slideshows, because she saves them for the wedding". Well, I couldn't resist. Kathy is just so darn excited about all that is involved with her wedding! She has a really touching story (one that I won't go into right now, because I know Kathy will start crying and I want this to be a happy post). So I thought I'd give her a little surprise.
Enjoy their slideshow and let me know if you think the song is a perfect as I thought it was!

No comments:

Search This Blog

Labels