Sunday, April 11, 2010

A perfect setting


In the last couple of weeks I've been doing some portraits. One of the sessions I did was of Rae and Clark's beautiful family. I had not met them before this time, but I had met their newest addition, Sammy. Some of you may know that Ali is Sammy's nanny. He is absolutely adorable and I was thrilled to finally meet his big brothers and their parents. It was a gorgeous day in Folsom, and the perfect setting for these portraits. Rae and Clark are runners and love to be outdoors. Initially Clark wanted something in the studio that was more formal, but as our discussion progressed, we agreed that outdoors in the area where they love to spend so much time, was much more appropriate.

I did the portraits about three weeks ago, and when they came today to view them, I couldn't get over how much Sammy has grown since I last saw him! One of the true pleasures of this session were Rae and Clark's two oldest sons. It's not unusual for young men in their late teens and early twenties to not enjoy having family portraits taken-and their expressions usually show it. However, these young men were polite, respectful, and I think actually enjoyed the session; they also could not be any cuter with their little brother--Sammy is a lucky boy to have such nice role models. I had a wonderful time working with all of them am looking forward to photographing them as the boys get older.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Labels