Tuesday, September 27, 2011

At last...

What a way to end September!!!! Nicole and Aaron's wedding was really something special!
I've known Aaron and his mom, Diana, for a number of years. When I heard a couple of months ago, that Aaron had proposed to his girlfriend, I knew this was going to be a wedding I wanted to photograph. If you know this family, you know how full their hearts are of love. They are some of the most special people I've ever known. It sure was nice to move into this town ten years ago, and meet people like them...actually this whole town is full of people like this-I love our "little" town ;)

Normally, I'm accustomed to seeing Aaron at his family's restaurant, so it's been fun getting him out of his "element", and having him be a "model"! Nicole had NO problem being in front of the camera. What a natural beauty! The day was about as fantastic as any couple could ask for. The location was beyond spectacular, the weather was picture perfect, and the love that filled the outdoors was indescribable. Periodically throughout the day, there were touches of sadness, when everyone thought of Nicole's late mom, and Aaron's late dad. However, through the occasional tears, came smiles of amazement, love and gratitude; amazement that this wonderful couple had found one another in rather unusual circumstances (it's a cute story), love for everyone who is a part of their lives-here on Earth, and in Heaven; and gratitude to God for everything He gives us.

Nicole's dress was exquisite, and as she walked down the aisle, you could almost see the excitement on her face as she walked closer to her groom. I attend a lot of weddings, and I can assure you that I've never seen a dress like Nicole's. It was elegant, whimsical, and (I think), captured her personality. In some of the photos, you can see a special ring that she was wearing on her right hand. The ring belonged to her mom, and I know how important it was for Nicole to have a piece of her mom with her that day.

The wedding location was the home of some of their dear friends. Yes, this was a PRIVATE HOME! Can you even imagine living here? I LOVED all the personal touches of the day. All the signs were made by hand, the table cloths were all plaid with a really cute story behind them, friends and family contributed to the favors, decorations and everything else that made this one of the most unique weddings I've ever attended.

The toasts and parent dances had me in tears-from crying and laughing. When Aaron's stepdad came up and made his toast there wasn't a dry eye in the place. Aaron, sure knows how to cut a rug and he proved that when he took his new bride for a spin on the dance floor, as well as each of his moms. Take a look at the photos near the end of the slideshow, and you'll see what I mean.

Scroll through their photos, and really look at the specialness of this day. There are more photos in their slideshow, so don't forget to take a few minutes to see that, and maybe leave them some well wishes.

Aaron and Nicole, thank you so much for inviting me along for the ride on the first day of the rest of your lives. With your families standing behind you, I know you will have a wonderful life filled with love, support and laughter.
Didn't I tell you she is a natural beauty?

These are two of my favorite images of the day. Aaron and his mom, Tery, share a quiet and special moment. The day would not have been complete for Aaron, if he didn't have both his moms standing next to him. What a lucky man to have such marvelous women in his life!

These guys were clowning around all day...and it was a blast!
Couldn't resist doing something next to this old barn.

I just am amazed this this is someone's backyard!
The second I saw this light in the barn, I knew I needed to put it to use!



This is one special young man, and he ADORES his new bride!

This is the golden light that every photographer hopes to get!

No comments:

Search This Blog

Labels