Sunday, May 25, 2008

Moving forward (remodel part 2)

Don't you just love three day weekends? I know I do because even when I have a wedding on Saturday, I still feel like I have an entire weekend ahead of me:) What better way to spend a long weekend than with a project. The worse part of this process has been displacing Cassie. We sold the bed in her old room, the bed from Ali's room has been moved into the master retreat and Cassie's new bed in her new room is piled up with stuff while we're in transition. So, she's been sleeping on the pullout sofa in the living room. Actually, I think this bothers me more than it does her-she LOVES to "camp out" downstairs:) Fortunately, she's been planning a trip for months to visit my cousin's daughter, Sierra, in San Jose. They've gotten to be really good buddies, and the visit came at a perfect time (I'm sure Cass doesn't mind getting out of the work around here either!) I took this shot of her the other day...she wanted to be in "both rooms" at the same time :)

With a wedding yesterday and editing the images this morning, I was getting anxious about getting back to our little project; thank goodness for Louie and Nick! They began bright and early this morning by removing the wall studs, the doorway and the carpeting. As Louie was taking all the sheetrock pieces downstairs Nick did all the manual labor (ah, youth!!) In my mind the other day, I said to myself "If I know those two, they'll probably end up throwing some things out the window into the bed of the truck". Sure enough, that's exactly what they did!!! :)


Part of the task today was to also to move the electricity. We were so thankful for our friend, Gene. He's always my "go to guy" when I get myself into a project that needs a little assistance ;) I really think the worse part of this project is now a memory. Taking out that wall was a HUGE undertaking and I'm glad it's over.


I'll be posting more images later in the week, so be sure to check back to see what sort of progress we're making!! For those of you who are just now checking out the progress of the remodel, be sure to go down several posts to see the story from the beginning :)

1 comment:

AB said...

OMG, OMG, OMG... that is so weird and soooo cool!

Search This Blog

Labels