Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The first of several inspirational stories

I met Josh a few weeks ago at a survivor's reception that the RFL committee had organized. On Sunday I had the pleasure of meeting his wife, and two adorable children. From the minute we began chatting until the session was complete, we laughed and had so much fun! I learned a little about their family, some exciting things that will be happening for them in the near future, and I also heard about their fight with, and triumph over, cancer.

 
Josh was diagnosed six years ago with a brain tumor, and he has been cancer free for two years. Although the odds were against them having children, you can see that God smiled on them and they are truly blessed. It never ceases to amaze me when I meet a couple who have fought such an battle and come out even stronger, when all is said and done. I think the thing that is most remarkable about Josh, is that he said cancer was a blessing. He told me he has lived his life completely different since being diagnosed, and if it weren't for cancer, he doesn't know where he'd be.
There are no words for how much respect I have for this family, and I hope I can watch them grow and their blessings prosper, for many years to come! To see more of their photos, visit my facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Debbie-Brown-Photography/132190279226



No comments:

Search This Blog

Labels